Grow at the Canberra Mental Health Forum!
This week 80 delegates from more than 50 national Mental Health Australia member organisations, and representatives of the National Mental Health Consumer and Carer Forum including Grow CEO Clare Guilfoyle gathered at Parliament House in Canberra.
The day’s deliberations focused on 2 main objectives:
- What do we expect from Government as we head towards the May budget?
- What commitments do we demand from our political leaders as we head towards the next federal election
This year’s Member’s Policy Forum considered opportunities for a shared advocacy agenda for the year ahead:
- Strengthening consumer and carer representation and co-design
- Investing in prevention and early intervention
- Rebuilding community-based mental health
- Addressing the service gaps that are opening up as the NDIS is rolled out
- Addressing the crisis in rural and remote mental health
- Improving mental health in Australia’s workplaces
- Developing and expanding the mental health workforce, especially the peer workforce
- Ensuring affordable and equitable access to services and programs
- Tackling the root causes of stigma and discrimination
Click here to see an extended video of the Members Policy Forum at Parliament House in Canberra on Tuesday.