Do you want to join an eGrow for Carers Group but are too far away to access one? You can join our online peer support group of Carers.
What is eGrow for Carers?
eGrow for Carers is a unique peer-support program which connects Carers across rural and remote communities in Victoria. eGrow for Carers enable ANY carer, through video conferencing, an opportunity to meet other Carers in a virtual environment. Carers will be able to share their lived-in experiences, share stories and support each other through the challenges of being a carer. This comes at no cost to a carer. Grow Victoria may also be able to assist if you wish to join eGrow for Carers but may not have internet and technology access to facilitate the program.
When do the eGrow for Carers groups meet?
eGrow for Carers is starting in Victoria on Monday 15th October 2018 at 7.00pm
It will run for approximately 2 hours in the evening on a weekly basis.
How to join eGrow for Carers?
If you are interested in joining us online, simply complete the inquiry form below and we will contact you.
Who Can Join?
Any Victorian who is currently in the role of a carer for a loved one or person that is not a professionally paid Carer.
What kind of technology do you need to be able to participate?
- Access to at least ADSL2+ or 4G internet, with a data plan of at last 10GB/ per month
- A webcam or smartphone with front/back camera
- A PC with Google Chrome web browser installed.
(Please Note: The eGrow support groups use approx. 2Gb per 2hr weekly session.)
What will an eGrow Carer need to do?
- An email address. You can retain your current email address or create an anonymous email address. You will be connecting with participants into the video conference. It is your decision and choice.
- Complete a consent form to confirm your participation. Your information will be treated with complete confidentiality. There is no need to provide any other identifying information other than your email address. Your Privacy is very important.
All Grow Programs, which access face-to-face or virtual meetings are confidential. Carers will need to ensure their method of connection protects the privacy of all participants.
Fields marked with an * are required